VBS Reachout Adventures offers their Olympion VBS this year with a strong focus on memorization.
VBS Reachout Adventures
- The Israelites Choose to Disobey - Numbers 13:1-14:35
- The New Israelites Choose to Obey - Joshua 1:1-22, 16-18; 3:1-5:12
- Rahab's Choice - Joshua 2:5:13-6:27
- Achan's Choice - Joshua 7:1-8:29
- Your choice - Joshua 23-24;8:30-35; Deuteronomy 27-30
Setting – a championship sports center
Message – Kids will see God is “entirely worthy of their utmost trust and total obedience as they learn all people respond to God, either in faithless disobedience or trusting obedience.”
Focus - Evangelism, Bible Content and Service
- Olympion has strong Bible content
- I particularly like the options for service with the “loving others at home, at VBS, in your community” – would love to see this feature in everyone’s VBS! Excellent!
- Strong evangelism focus
- There are options for games and crafts, but they were not included in the kit I received so I am unable to comment on them
Would like to see –
- There are activities for kids to go home and “live-it” with the service projects, but I’d love to see time the following day for children to share what they did and how it impacted their life to live what they learned beyond just getting “credit/points”
- Bible lessons which engage the kids and involve them in the telling of the lesson – the content is solid, but it needs to be presented in a more engaging manner so children experience the lessons, remember them, understand and live them for changed lives.
- More engagement in the opening and closing . . . object lessons, science projects, things which generate enthusiasm, participation and tie in with the daily point to help kids remember!
- There are quite a few activities related to work pages for reviewing the lesson, but I’d rather see a focus on understanding what the Bible lessons mean and how they are lived out in kids everyday lives every day
- There is a lot of Scripture memorization, but I’d like to see a stronger focus on the meaning and application of the verses they are memorizing
VBS Reachout Adventures says, "Our mission is to support the Church in fulfilling Christ's call to evangelize and disciple children and their families. Our commitment is to create high caliber, spiritually engaging, Christ-centered Vacation Bible School curricula whose profound, grace-filled content and Christian world and life view are presented through fun-filled challenge and adventure." There is strong Bible content in this curriculum so if you are looking for a resource with a focus on memorizing, evangelism and service, Olympion is worth considering to see if it is a good “fit” for your ministry