- Publisher - LifeWay
- Website - http://www.gospelproject.com/kids/
- Price - varies depending on if you select downloadable/digital resources or print materials - digital begins at $95 for preschool, $185 for elementary or $255 to combine preschool/elementary for churches with fewer than 50 children and goes up from there based on the number of children and if you select packages with music and the second Worship service. Print materials for preschool are $59.95 for preschool leader kits, $79.95 for elementary leader kits with student materials running $2.50 and $1.95 per child and $1.95 per family for the Big Picture Cards.
- Scope - three year Chronological through the Bible
- Available for preschool - elementary
- Biblically Sound
- Strong emphasis on showing how Jesus fits into the entire Bible in each lesson
- You can download and try one month for free!
- the Big Picture Cards for families provide Parent materials so they are able to continue the learning at home throughout the week
- Colorful graphics
- Options for a video Large Group Bible lesson or teacher may tell the story as they like - there are some active ideas given for this, but I'd like to see more engagement of kids in the Bible lesson.
- Optional Worship lesson available - it builds on what the kids did in the first class time
- They do have a "missions" portion of the lesson in the optional Worship/second service
- They do offer materials for everyone in the family so the entire family is able to learn together how Jesus is shown in the entire Bible
Would like to see -
- More affordable pricing - I'd like to see them not charge for the digital materials based on the number of children since churches are the ones who have to pay to print the materials.
- More ideas for ways to engage the kids in the teaching of the Bible lesson with skits and other creative methods
- Quarterly service projects to "Put Feet to Their Faith"
LifeWay's the Gospel Project for kids curriculum is written with the goal of intentionally engaging children so they are able to remember, understand and live God's Word for genuinely changed lives. If you are looking for a curriculum with a strong commitment to showing Jesus in every lesson, this curriculum is well worth taking a look at to see if it may be a good "fit" for your ministry! LifeWay says, "The Gospel Project is a new Christ-centered Bible study resource which looks at the whole story—the story of redemption through
Jesus—from Genesis to Revelation. With digital or print components for adults, students, and kids, the entire church can be immersed in the gospel and find out what it means to be a part of God’s gospel project"
I'm delighted to say LifeWay is making available one of their Gospel Project for Kids Timeline Maps for me to give away! If you have "liked" About the Children's Department using the tab in the "find us on facebook" box ON THE BLOG, then you are entered in the drawing which will be on April19th. If you have not "liked" this blog yet, please take a moment to do so and you will be entered in the drawing - it is this simple! Thank you for reading About the Children's Department, please share this blog with the people you know!