HeartShaper is a Non-Traditional Sunday School curriculum from Standard Publishing with a strong focus on "helping you shape young hearts to bring them closer to God!" Allow me to share with you some information about HeartShaper!
- Publisher - Standard Publishing
- Website - http://www.heartshaper.com/
- Price - $8 per teacher, $16.49 per class, $4.25 per child and $18.49 for take home papers for five children
- Scope - Through the Bible
- Available for Preschool - Preteen
- Biblically Sound
- Strong focus on teaching children what God's Word says
- Most lessons focus on helping children identify a way they could live what they learn
- Preteens had service project ideas
- Lots of options for each lesson to engage children in the lesson from start to finish.
- Younger children had optional second service
- Family flyers to continue to conversations at home
- Teacher Devotions
Would like to see -
- Some weeks/age levels did a better job than others at focusing the kids on specific things they could do to live what they learned - I'd like to see a stronger focus on this with several "Live it" options each week for all ages.
- "Put Feet to Their Faith" project to involve all children in serving others each quarter
- Optional second service for older children
- Unified Scope and Sequence
HeartShaper is written with the goal of engaging children so they are able to learn and live God's Word for changed lives. If you are looking for a Non-Traditional curriculum with a focus on, "introducing children to God, His Son, His Word, and His Church through meaningful Sunday school lessons which include active participation in Bible stories and Bible study, multisensory learning, Bible skill-building activities, and focused life application"; this curriculum is well worth taking a look at to see if it may be a good "fit" for your ministry! Standard Publishing says, "HeartShaper® children’s Sunday school curriculum provides fun, focused Bible lessons perfect for classroom-based learning. Heartshaping can continue for a lifetime when you guide kids to read, study, pray, and live out God’s Word themselves."