It is for this reason, I'm happy to recommend a book for church libraries and for families to use in their homes with their children . . . the Berenstain Bears - Help the Homeless . . . and I get to give one away!
The Berenstain Bears Help the Homeless
By - Jan & Mike Berenstain
Publisher - Zonderkidz
Ages - 4 +
Favorite Features -
- strong message about helping others
- return of loved Berenstain Bears - children will be happy to see another story with their "friends"
- encourages caring about and for the homeless and facing and overcoming fears
- includes Bible verses - Isaiah 58:7 "Share your food with hungry people. Provide homeless people with a place to stay."; Psalm 82:4 "Rescue the weak and the needy" and Isaiah 1:17 "Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed."
- provides opportunities for parents - and teachers - to talk with children about how they can help others and challenge them to remember to pray for those in need
- this book is an "I Can Read! Level 1" book - great first book for little ones to read!
This Berenstain Bears book certainly does not disappoint - it has a fun story and strong message! If you are involving the children in your ministry in projects to help those in need, this is a great book to read to them as you introduce your project.
As I mentioned, not only did Zonderkidz send one book for me to review, but they are making another available for me to give away! If you have "liked" About the Children's Department using the tab in the "find us on facebook" box ON THE BLOG, then you are entered in the drawing which will be on June 8th. If you have not "liked" this blog yet, please take a moment to do so and you will be entered in the drawing. It is this simple! In addition, if you "share" this post with the people you know, then you will receive an addition entry (please comment to let me know when you share so I'm able to give you your additional entry) Thank you for reading About the Children's Department and for sharing it with the people you know!