- Most communities have a park you could use as the location for your picnic, so plan at least one family picnic in the park . . . if not more!
- If your church has a nice yard you could also have your picnic at your church . . . this is a great and natural way to invite your community to experience your church in a non-threatening way.
- Even if you are a city church, without a yard, set up portable carports for shade and use foam core to make "trees" - place these around your parking lot and "create" your own "park/yard"!
- Promote your picnics throughout your community and invite families to join you for your "picnic in the park" for a picnic lunch, games and just a time of fellowship and fun!
- Always bring extra sandwiches, bags of chip, lemonade and cookies to share with anyone who shows up without a lunch - you could ask church families to bring enough for their family and to share with another family.
How might you engage families in and out of your church with picnics this summer?