Let's look at some interesting facts about grandparents here in the USA which show the impact they have; and could have. Consider the following (from Grandparents.com and the US Census) . . .
- There are 80 million grandparents in the USA - yes, 80 million!
- Grandparents represent one-third of the population with 1.7 million new grandparents added to the ranks every year.
- Grandparents lead 37% of all U.S. households in this country — that's 50 million households nationwide.
- Grandparents love being grandparents - 72% think being a grandparent is the single most important and satisfying thing in their life.
- 63% say they can do a better job caring for grandchildren than they did with their own.
- 43% became grandparents in their fifties, 37% in their forties, with the average age of grandparents in this country at 48.
- Grandparents like to spend time with their grandchildren - 60% live close to their grandchildren.
- 70% see the grandchildren at least once a week.
- 81% have their grandchildren for part or all of their summer vacation.
- 72% take care of their grandchildren on a regular basis.
- 86% bake cookies for their family.
Grandparents, for the most part, are highly invested in their grandchildren and want to pass on a heritage of faith to them; many just do not know how to do this. They need the support and encouragement of their church. They need to be equipped. When they are, the children and families in your ministry will benefit as they are encouraged to know, love and walk with Jesus.
If you do not have a Grandparenting Ministry which engages, equips and encourages grandparents to pass on a heritage of faith; why not? Doing so will benefit the children and families in your ministry and your church as a whole in significant ways. To learn how to develop a Grandparenting Ministry in your church which does these things, plan now to attend the Legacy Grandparenting Summit - you'll hear from Chuck Swindoll, Josh McDowell, Michelle Anthony, Jay Kessler, Gary Chapman, John Trent, Wayne Rice and many more wonderful speakers who will challenge and encourage you! You'll find all the details at this link - and if you use my code - Lynda16 - you'll save $40 on each registration!