The 5 Love Languages of Children
Authors - Gary Chapman & Ross Campbell
Publisher - Northfield Publishing
Favorite Features -
- Emphasis on finding your child's love language and then giving them lots of that particular type of love - with a "sprinkling" of the others
- Strong emphasis on giving your children unconditional love
- Excellent list of seven "obvious things about children"
- Explains the five love languages - physical touch, words of affirmation, quality time, gifts and acts of service
- Love the ideas at the end of each chapter for specific and real ways to show the type of love your child "speaks"
- Love the chapter on discipline and the love languages - a MUST read for all parents and grandparents!
- LOVE the chapter on learning and the love languages - another MUST read!
- The anger ladder chart is helpful
- I'm very happy to see a chapter specifically for single parent families!
- I love the Love Language Mystery Game - all families should most certainly try this!!
I absolutely want to encourage all parents and grandparents to read this book! It is also an excellent choice for Children's Directors and pastors to recommend for all their volunteers to read as well. If we are able to identify how each child in our family and in our ministries is best able to give and receive love, we will know how to better show them love and help them grow to be the people God wants them to be!