Today's "tip" is similar to yesterday's; today I'm talking about keeping focused . . . and you need a written vision/goal for your ministry if you are going to be serious about staying focused.
It is easy, all too easy to lose focus; to be side-tracked and even derailed by things which do not matter, so, if you are serious about keeping focused, consider the following . . .
- Again, the first step to keeping the focus in your Children's Ministry is having a written vision/goals. If you do not have one, focus on doing this as soon as possible!
- And, once again, measure all you do by your written vision/goals. Will a potential activity - or even activities you currently do - help you accomplish your vision/goals for the Children's Ministry?
- Also, regularly evaluate what you are doing and if you are "hitting the mark". Continue to do those things which you can show are accomplishing the purpose for them.
- Plus, do not let ideas which do not fit with your vision/goals - even good ideas - side-track what you are, "aiming" for with your Children's Ministry. Measure all you do by your vision/goals and do not get side-tracked from it.
- Know there will be people who have a vision other than the one you have and they very well may cause "trouble". Be prepared. Deal with it however is appropriate when it happens, but do not get side-tracked; keep your focus.
We need to keep our focus in Children's Ministry, because we want to be "hitting the mark". We also want to be responsible about asking for volunteers - to recruit volunteers for activities which do not further the vision/goals of your ministry is not a wise use of volunteer's time - or your own. Stay focused. Seek God's direction. Measure what you do. Stay focused!
What do you do to make sure you are staying focused with your Children's Ministry?