Thankful Turkey Mobile
Supplies . . .
- Crayons or markers
- String or yarn
- Two sticks per child
Directions . . .
- Trace around each child's hand.
- Let children color their hand to be a turkey - thumb is the head, fingers are the tail feathers and palm is the body - they may add legs/feet.
- Help children think of things for which they are thankful and write them on the "feathers" - both sides.
- Let children cut out their "turkey".
- Punch a hole in the top of one "feather" and tie a length of string.
- Show children how to cross their sticks in the middle and wrap/tie with string/yarn.
- Tie their turkey from one end of one of the sticks.
- Send paper home with each child so everyone else in their family may make their own, "Thankful Turkey" to hang from the mobile.
- Let parents know when they pick up their child what the project involves so they can work on it at home and hang the completed mobile where they all will see it and remember to be thankful.
Be sure to talk with the children about the things for which they are thankful, and share some of the things you are thankful about as well.