- In the beginning/The relationship began - Genesis 1 & 2; John 1 - God created me to love Him/The God Who created everything wants a relationship with me
- God is still in charge/The relationship broken - Genesis 3 - God will always love me, even when I make wrong choices/Sin messed everything up, but God is still in control
- God sent Jesus/The restoration promised - Isaiah 7; Matthew 1 & Luke 2 - God promised to send His Son, Jesus/God sent His Son, Jesus to be the Savior of the world
- God had a plan for Jesus/The relationship restored - Mark 15 & 16; Matthew 26 - God had a special plan for Jesus/Jesus gave His life to be my Savior
- God is always with us/The relationship continues - John 21; Acts 1 - God promises to help me/Even though I mess up, God still loves me and will never leave me
Message/Theme – Children will, "Search the visible to discover the invisible"
Focus – Evangelism, Content and Application
- LOVE the "Above and Beyond" for each lesson in the teacher's info - they are correct; VBS is not just for the children - it is for the volunteers as well, because God's Word is for everyone!
- I LOVE the "Starveyor Kit" for children - the cards are a great tool to send home to continue the learning and I'm very happy to see something each day on the cards for children to do to live what they are learning - their "Cosmic Challenge" . . . excellent!
- I like the "space/sky/star" science taught in the classes - God "created" science, so teaching it with God's Word is a great combination - and well written into the curriculum by LifeWay's writers!
- I LOVE the "Takin' It Home CD" - what a terrific idea - sure to build excitement and more importantly, connect what children are doing at VBS with their own families!
- As I would expect, Galactic Starveyors has a strong evangelistic emphasis, excellent local mission project and solid Bible teaching.
- Excellent resources for taking your VBS out of your church and into your community with Backyard Kid's Club!
- Excellent focus on VBS and prayer - info on how to develop your prayer strategies and prayer team and I LOVE the "Finish It" portion of the daily lessons which involves children in praying!
- Excellent resources for children with special needs!
- I especially am happy to find excellent information on how to reach VBS families after VBS is over! I really love the “Connect in one hour” plan – great way to involve everyone in VBS in having a part with the follow up!
- I found the options for crafts to be affordable, creative and fun; plus the craft book has a nice variety of craft options made with items you gather - some of these are excellent!
- Love the Missions station!
Would like to see –
- While some of the age levels and some of the day's lessons do have children opening their Bibles and are written to engage children in the Bible event during the teaching of the lesson, others do not do this at all. I'd really like to see LifeWay do this for all ages each and every day.
- The Opening and Close included in the starter kits. It is in the Worship Rally resource, which is purchased on its own.
- The Director's book in the starter kit - it is in the Jump Start kit - which is purchased on its own.
- I'd like to see a complete kit - preschool, elementary, director's information and opening/close all in one kit. With them spread out the price really adds up. Having main and necessary components spread out between different kits/resources is frustrating and confusing - it does not need to be.
I'm so glad the focus is not on "space", but rather on the God of the universe; the Creator of everything and helping children learn more about Him and how He wants a relationship with them. I found Galactic Starveyors to be well written to engage children with a focus on evangelism with solid Bible teaching. This VBS is an excellent resource - great for back-yard Bible clubs, Teen mission outreach opportunities and would be a lot of fun on Sundays in the Summer as well! Take a good look at Galactic Starveyors to see how it might be a good "fit" for your ministry!