Kids of Courage
by the Voice of the Martyrs
Scope and Sequence -
- China - Trust God - Proverbs 3:5,6; I Kings 22 - Micaiah: One man against 400!
- Egypt - Get Prepared - I Corinthians 16:13; Exodus 1 - Moses: The Baby in the River
- Nigeria - Remember Persecuted Christians - Hebrews 13:3; Selections from Acts - Paul and Silas; Paul and Barnabas
- North Korea - Witness Boldly - Philippians 4:13; Daniel 1-3 - Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego
- India - Forgive Others - Matthew 5:44; Acts 9 - Saul: From Persecutor to Persecuted
Setting - Five different countries - children rotate each day to a different country
Theme - Children will learn about the Armor of God and will discover Bible Truths and train to develop their faith as they advance from being knights in training to receiving their full knighthood and training children to be devoted to God!
Focus - Evangelism, Content & Application
Favorite Features -
Favorite Features -
- I really like the approach of this curriculum - it teaches children to trust God and stand for their faith while helping them understand what it means for children in other countries to do so.
- Student materials are reproducible.
- Kit is just $30!
- There are a wealth of additional resources available on their website - I love the idea of encouraging children to write letters to Christian prisoners through Prisoner Alert.
- Mission project - there isn't a specific project, but their "Bibles Unbound" project would be excellent - Children will raise money to purchase Bibles for persecuted Christians for just $6 each.
- I appreciate the focus on teaching children how to pray for those who risk everything for their faith and how to become a Kid of Courage themselves!
- Daily Live-it activities with time in each day's schedule for children to tell what they did and learned.
- More complete director's information - need info on safety, screening volunteers, how to engage special needs students.
- Opening and Close needs more activity to engage children and reinforce daily points.
Voice of the Martyrs says; "The Kids of Courage VBS is designed for children ages 5–13. The curriculum presents the concept of Christian persecution in age-appropriate ways and leads students to reach out on behalf of the persecuted church with prayers and action."
I really love this VBS! It is well thought out and designed to open children's eyes to what it means to be a Christian in other places in the world and how they can choose to stand for Jesus as well! Definitely give this VBS serious consideration!