When you and the grandparents and parents in your ministry look at the world in which we live, do you wonder how the children you love will be able to maneuver around and through the many, “land-mines” which surround them? Do you wonder how they will be able to grow up as children, then teens and eventually adults who love, know and walk with God, when everything around them seems to be focused upon keeping them from doing so? Do you feel concerned when you think about how these children, who you and they love with all your heart, will ever make the choice to turn their backs on the values and temptations of the world and instead make the choice to hold firmly to God?
As a mom and grandma, these are things I’m concerned about for my adult children and grandchildren. I look at the world in which we live and wonder how much it is like the world was in the days of Noah where we read in Genesis 6:5; “The saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time.”
When I watch the evening news I seriously wonder if our world is like Noah’s world. I want my adult children and grandchildren to make the choices Noah made, so when God looks at them He sees people who choose to walk faithfully with Him.
I believe this is possible. And, I believe we, as church leaders, grandparents and parents are able to help equip the children we love, so they are able to make the choice to walk faithfully with God. I believe the “key” is found in God’s Word. Look at what we know to be true about God’s Word . . .
· Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
· 2 Timothy 3:16, 17 - All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
· Joshua 1:8 - This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
· Psalm 119:105 - Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
· Isaiah 55:11 - So shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
· Psalm 119:11 - I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
These verses make it clear, the answer – at least in part – to our questions and concerns about how the children we love will make the choice to love, know and walk with God, is found in God’s Word. While we can not make them choose to walk faithfully with God, God’s Word is powerful. God’s Word will help them know what is right in a world where so many are deceived. God’s Word will light their path. God’s Word will accomplish all God has purposed for it. God’s Word will enable the children we love to live lives which are faithful.
The “key” is God’s Word. You may easily believe God’s Word is the key, but wonder how you might help the grandparents and parents in your ministry be able to help children they love learn to read, understand and live God’s Word.
This is the reason for and the purpose behind Generations Quest. God’s Word is the key and Generations Quest is a tool to help them equip the children they love, so they will learn to read, understand and live God’s Word.
So, what is Generations Quest? How will it help the grandparents and parents in your ministry equip the children they love, so they will learn to read, understand and live God’s Word?
· Generations Quest is a resource which will equip the generations – grandparents, parents and children – to learn to read, understand and live God’s Word – together!
· Generations Quest will equip you to be intentional in how you approach reading God’s Word.
· Generations Quest will help you, and the generations who follow you, learn from God’s Word about people in the Bible who made the choice to love, know and walk with God.
· Generations Quest provides do-able portions of God’s Word for grandparents, parents and children to read and think about each day.
· Generations Quest is for all ages of children, preschool through college age.
· Generations Quest is a resource which will help you, and those you love, with specific verses to read each day, questions to help you think about what you are reading and ideas for activities to apply and live what you are learning.
Generations Quest is available to to grandparents and parents as a yearly subscription – they will be emailed each month’s materials which they are welcome to use with their immediate family. Grandparents are welcome to use Generations Quest with each of their adult children and grandchildren. Parents are welcome to use Generations Quest with each of their children.
For our special price of $15 a year (regularly $18 a year), they will receive a new reading schedule each month complete with resources and ideas to help them connect with the generations in their family as they all learn to read, understand and live God’s Word together! This is more than just a devotional as it provides the opportunity and resources necessary for grandparents and parents to connect intentionally with the children they love to pass on a heritage of faith.
Each month’s resource will provide a background on the Bible person they are learning about, ideas to apply what they learn with preschoolers and elementary age children as well as with teens and college-age children. They will find a monthly calendar with daily verses to read and a question each day to help them think about what they are reading.
For less than $1.50 a month Generations Quest provides them with the tools they need to help their family learn to read, understand and live God’s Word and since God’s Word is where we find the truth, where we find true power to stand against the ideas of this world and the one thing which God has promised will accomplish what He has planned, what could we possibly spend this money on which will give a better return?
My husband and I are working on our website and we have the May Generations Quest resource ready to go! Stay tuned as in just a couple days the families in your ministry will be able to order Generations Quest to help their families learn to read, understand and live God’s Word together!